With the new national restrictions coming into place tomorrow (Thursday 5 November), we would like to update you on the position with our services.
Read the new national restrictions now (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november)
Services which are set to continue or stay open
* Social care services
* Revenue and benefits
* Household recycling centres and waste collection
* Car parks – car parking fees will remain but people are advised to only travel if essential
* Public parks
* Street markets will continue with traders only able to sell food
* Registration services can conduct birth registrations and declarations via face-to-face appointments, notices of marriage and civil partnerships via face to face appointments, and death appointments by telephone. Funerals can be held but restricted to 30 mourners
* Some libraries will provide an order and collect service – more details on that soon (any books currently loaned out will be extended for the duration of the restrictions)
* Visitors allowed to main council hubs – but people are advised to only do this if absolutely necessary
* Continuing to support rough sleepers in Wiltshire in the usual way. People can report rough sleepers at StreetLink (https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.streetlink.org.uk%2F&data=04%7C01%7CJack.Holdway%40wiltshire.gov.uk%7Cec459273caee4599e89108d880ca4868%7C5546e75e3be14813b0ff26651ea2fe19%7C0%7C0%7C637400953568731426%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=etX2%2BUYVqhUs%2Fv2P%2BMLj6magoHFDOqcYiOEXyDc60Fs%3D&reserved=0) or via the StreetLink app; this will direct the teams to help people who need it
** Services which will close temporarily
The following services unfortunately cannot continue while the increased restrictions are in place:
* Wiltshire Council and Places Leisure-run leisure centres will close temporarily – members will have their membership automatically frozen for one month, so any payments due to be processed on 5 November will not be taken – range of online content available – https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/leisure-active-communities (https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wiltshire.gov.uk%2Fleisure-active-communities&data=04%7C01%7CJack.Holdway%40wiltshire.gov.uk%7Cef7dcc1453a045d081b108d880e081fc%7C5546e75e3be14813b0ff26651ea2fe19%7C0%7C0%7C637401049023630720%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=naPkdUlaT29Op9g4TII%2BeyEQR5oRxTtVOmrkACmZ08E%3D&reserved=0)
* Leisure groups: Active Health, Get Wiltshire Walking, running programme, StreetGames, Healthier Communities, Walking Sports and Ability Sports
* Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre – online content available at http://wshc.eu/ (https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwshc.eu%2F&data=04%7C01%7CJack.Holdway%40wiltshire.gov.uk%7Cef7dcc1453a045d081b108d880e081fc%7C5546e75e3be14813b0ff26651ea2fe19%7C0%7C0%7C637401049023640676%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=BShAKyQBDPHI7xt4d9mJsFmNua7L9ZwqUg0eMo1ZC6g%3D&reserved=0)
Wiltshire COVID-19 Public update
We hosted a live COVID-19 Public update yesterday (Tuesday 3 November), which featured Wiltshire Council’s Leader, Philip Whitehead; Chief Executive, Terence Herbert and Director of Public Health, Kate Blackburn.
The webinar is available to watch back on our Youtube Channel.
Watch the webinar now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvaMk4uvc7w&feature=youtu.be)
Guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
Everyone in England is required to follow the new National Restrictions from 5 November (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november) , which have been set out by the government and apply to the whole population. These restrictions:
* require people to stay at home, except for specific purposes
* prevent people gathering with those they do not live with, except for specific purposes
* close certain businesses and venues
This guidance is for everyone in England who has been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19#cev) . If you are in this group, you will previously have received a letter from the NHS or from your GP telling you this. You may have been advised to shield in the past.
The council’s Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub is still available should anyone need any support, advice or guidance. People can call the hub on 0300 003 4576 or email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
Read the full guidance now (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19)